comprehensive bird song / call repository

I have the Collins Bird app on my phone but find the selection of audio samples for each bird a bit limited.  Can anyone recommend a comprehensive online repository of British birdsong / calls? It would be great if they were downloadable but really the main thing I'm looking for is that it's easy to find a bird, then hear recordings that capture the full range of the bird's vocalisations (or as close to as possible). I've tried xeno-canto but find it a bit messy / hard to narrow down to validated recordings. 

• Hi Millie, not something I've ever used personally, but several users here use Xeno Canto. As I say, I've not used and don't know if it's in app form or not. Hopefully helpful Slight smile

• I use the Merlin app to help with identifying birdsong but it's not without faults.  Making sure it's set for the right area is important  - UK comes under Western Palearctic - I also use Xeno Canto as PB has suggested as a back up confirmation as it has all sorts of different calls - so you will get the bird normal song, alarm calls, contact calls etc.  You can also put in a query if needed 

Cin J