Fishing lures.

Hello I’m new here so I’m sorry if I’ve posted in the wrong place. I need to get this of my chest as it’s upset me greatly. I’m a 26 year old male who loves birds. There is nothing that makes me as happy as watching birds/wildlife it’s helped me overcome some huge obstacles. However the more I go bird watching/walking the more I realise the huge problem surrounding fishing lures. Today while walking around my local canal I have seen a dead kingfisher due to a fishing lure and unfortunately this is not the first and unfortunately won’t be the last. I really wish there was a solution to this but I just can’t see one. I had to get this of my chest as it’s really knocked me for 6 and upset me greatly. Please if you go fishing please don’t leave lures/hooks lying around as the damage they can cause is shocking. 

• Hello and welcome to the forum.

In my experience, albeit limited with anglers, the vast majority do thankfully respect countryside, nature and water courses.

Sadly, as with all hobbies and pastimes, there are a few who don't show any respect, and they're the ones that can give a hobby,any hobby, a bad name.

I know there have been some anglers in this community forum, and like you, also feel the same and have shared their displeasure. Here, the regular active forum members are responsible people who care and respect nature and the countryside, and we welcome like minded people, like yourself, to join us and share your experiences.

It is good that you do find nature helps you overcome huge obstacles, and you're not alone with those experiences.

Life is full of positives, the problem is negatives tend to shout louder, making the positives obscure. But they are there.