Where are we all going today?

Hi Folks

I was thinking today about an idea for a Forum (ifs it already been done I'm sorry).

How about a forum where you can post the place you are going to visit that day and why, this might encourage others to travel somewhere they have not been too before. It could also be a good way of meeting up with other members from here at certain reserves locations etc. I have often walked around reserves and seen other RSPB members (recognised by the coloured tags) walking around and have wondered do they come in here too?

This could be a good way for several to meet at the same place and same time and share our love for nature and in some cases your expertise (lacking here) with each other and making friends in the flesh not just on line.

Good Idea or not?

Regards

Shane 

Regards Shane

My Photos in Flickr.

• Lovely idea Shane.

It could be the making of some fabulous experiences and lead to new 'real' friendships.

Cheers

Pipit

• Agree with Pipit.  Sounds like a great idea.  I'm only going in the garden today but 'llI keep an eye on the forum for updates.

• Unfortunately I'm only going to work today ... :-(

I like to hear about other people's trips out during the week though. :-)

Andy

Seriously thinking about trying harder!

•  

Hi-

well I'm looking forward to Holme and Titchwell on saturday unless something good turns up elsewhere in Norfolk

S

For advice about Birding, Identification,field guides,  binoculars, scopes, tripods,  etc - put 'Birding Tips'   into the search box

• hi shane, great idea,  id be up for it. paul

• Hi again peeps

It seems a few of us think this is a good idea, I know the title said where are we going today but it could easily be where are we going tomorrow, to give us a chance to arrange a meet, I am working for the next four nights but I intend to go to Rainham Marshes Tuesday next week assuming the weather is ok. LOL just realised that makes it where am i going in 5 days, but i think we all get the idea?

Shane 

Regards Shane

My Photos in Flickr.

• I am at a loss.  My wife is off to Glasgow on the 8.50 flight from Cardiff so that means I have to look for somewhere to go. Forest Farm Cardiff and sit in the hide seems a good idea because its belting it down.

Looked through all the sightings on Glamorgan birds etc and theres nothing showing other than gulls all along the coast and I dont want to drive far to take photgraphs of gulls, I can do that in the summer the easy way, buy a bag of chips in Tenby and throw them one at a time onto the flooor.  Happy days.

Cosmeston nothing showing. Llanywit nothing showing, 1 little egret at Ogmore Castle. miles of driving for this or the easy ones at Forest Farm. seems like Forest Farm .

This forum should be called

Where we all off tomorrow , that way I could have read it this morning to see if anyone else in South Wales is going to be alone for 5 days.  phew 5 days , gosh I will miss her...

Gareth home alone ha ha ha ha,  oh forget Forest Farm. ASDA and 3 slabs for £20 sounds better

see you all Sunday night when I sober up

• Where's the hide in Forest Farm (we are talking Forest Farm - Jct 32 M4 right?).

Or do you take your own little tent hide?

Ant

"IT IS SAID THAT LIFE FLASHES BEFORE YOUR EYES BEFORE YOU DIE. THAT IS TRUE, IT'S CALLED LIVING."
    Death - Terry Pratchett (The Last Continent).

• Hi Shane

Great idea for a thread and to see people.

Yes, it would be a great idea to meet up with members as a group from this Forum, or otherwise. Another area of this Forum opened for a met up would be a good idea.  It advertises what we are all doing that day.  As it is weather dependant it needs to looked into on that day, so we all pick a good day and enjoy ourselves a lot.

I have a Lochwinnoch Tag on my bag which I kept from my trip.  Having that is a good way to ID a person that are going to meet up with.  I go by types of cars, and having a mobile phone/phone no's helps too.

I have met a few people from my Bird Forum already at the Bird Fair and the Mall Art Gallery, and others as RSPB members on outings, and events.

I have also met up with various people from another one of my Forums and others from the local group that I am in.  It is a great way of making friends in a personal way

So I would love for this to happen anytime so please keep me informed and we will share our patches anytime {thumbs up}

Regards

Kathy and Dave

• Anonymous
    Anonymous 28/10/2010 13:19 in reply to seymouraves

Hi Seymour

We will be visiting Norfolk in the future, but find it hard to do in a day as it involves a lot of driving for Dave. It is possible but a little rushed for our liking.

So we will stay over a weekend when we do visit - p.s. we have not had a walk about Holme yet!

We will let you know when this year.  We want to go as it is the best time of year to see waders in the winter months.

Regards

Kathy and Dave