2 baby hedgehogs arrived & look far too tiny to hibernate! Help....

Hello guys,

I have numerous hedgehogs that come every night to feed at my feeding station. I also have adult female that's already in hibernation in my shed. About a week ago I got 2 tiny hogs appeared. They look very young. They have been coming every night & feeding so they look & act healthy enough. I'm just getting anxious now as the weather getting colder. I also have 4 hedgehog homes in my garden & it does look like 1 of the hogs is sleeping in one.

Please any help is appreciated. I obviously don't want to get involved if I don't have to. I'm just scared that they will go to sleep & not wake up. I also have never even held 1 before! 

Thanks... Scream

• Great advice from Alan ... please do pick them up & weigh them ... at that light weight you won't even need gloves, you won't hurt them & are easy to handle once in a ball! I use a plastic dish weighed first to get exact weight of Hoggie on my electronic scales set to grms! There are many dedicated Hedgehog centres but most are full of late underweight youngsters this year but ready to advise on health checks & overwintering in safety!