Photography Forum

Hi,

Although it has been suggested before, nothing has happened and I think the original thread got a little side tracked. Photography is an integral part of wildlife watching, be it birds or anything else come to that.

This could be further borken down into hints and tips, Digital, Contone (albeit a little old fashioned) and digital processing.

We can all learn from the pros' and each other. Please seriously consider this request.

Thanks,

Kess

• I echo the above post.

Many of us have been encouraged to buy new cameras since joining this forum and seeing the beautiful photos others are posting. I am one of these, and I know even the slightly more experienced also need advice and tips from time to time. It would be great to have a separate forum for the subject of camera settings, processing etc.

Cheers, Linda.

See my photos on Flickr

• Hi Kess

I think the idea of a serious area/thread about photography would be a great thing for all of us to learn from one another in a big way.  Sometimes threads get waylaid because of over loved area of the subject, or they go off-topic for whatever reason

Anyway we are only too happy to help out and offer support in any way we can.  We all have various camera and lenses we can give advise through our own experiences of the subject first hand

On another of my current Bird Forums, the camera and all the pieces are divided into makes ie Canon, whatever.  It seems to work as the subject is one of the same and everyone is talking the same language ie Canon.

Same applies with printers/scanners/ etc....

So let everyone add their quota to this thread and it would be good to have the moderators give their viewpoint about the request at hand.

Regards

Kathy and Dave

• I think also that a forum to include our pics would be a great idea.

• Hi Kess

There are lots of quick tricks that can make a picture look a lot better without too much work or skill.

Free software like Gimp2 act and work like a scaledown photoshop, means that if you want to move up the skills are not wasted.

Great idea that should be on the main menu.

Robert