Heart warming uplifting Tail

Hi one and all Quite a few years ago, when l came home after working away, found our family had a new little vistor, a small chick that my brother living near by had found in his garden,his cats had been at the nest, and they would have got this one if he hadn't saved it, but said he couldn't look after it cause of the cats. So ask my mother, sister to, so it slept in our bedroom in a wicker hanging basket hanging from the celling, we found when going to bed if we put the light on it would think it was morning and get all happy, so we at to keep the lights off then, we would have to get up early has it did, to dig some worms up and feed it, then after a while it got so sick of worms it wouldn't eat them we realised it needed more varity, by this time it was getting stronger so mum would let it hop on her finger and take it round the rose bushes to pick greenfly off for it's self, they called it Hoppy not sure what type of bird it was but a bit like a sparrow, it was such a charater, if you were eatting a sandwich would suddenly fly down and take some of it, and at times land on your head or shoulders, guest use to get a fright. When we could see it was time for our little friend to make his own life in the world and hopefully have is own young, with heavy hearts we drove it about half a mile to our cermentary to let it go, but the next morning it had found his way back again, so next time we took it to some woodlands about 3 miles away. And it didn't come back again, we hope it is well with young of it's own. Has l said before normally it is best to leave the young for the mothers to come for them, but in this case l think my mother knew it would be a case of do or die with the cats after it and being so young and no nest lift Hope you enjoy the true story All the best from Yas.
  • Lovely.

Unicum arbustum haud alit duos erithacos

(One bush does not shelter two Robins)

Zenodotus (3rd Century B.C.)

• Hi Monkeycheese

Thankyou so much was feeling a bit down hearted that no one liked it, has l put a lot of thought into explaining this true story, so thankyou.

By the way when you say (One bush does not shelter two Robins)

that is so true l remember when a breeze block wall we have has one brick with 2 sections in it with holes so l put some wood across part of one hole  to make a nest, well one robin started to nest in the hole l'd put the wood in, and later to my surprise another robin started to nest right in the hole by the side, and they seem to be going in at different times, and this time when watching they came at the same time, had a real argument and both stopped nesting there, l could believe they would both leave. From Yas

• It was a lovely tale. I saw your post while I was at work, but couldn't log in to reply. Birds can be so comforting and uplifting for us humans.

Unicum arbustum haud alit duos erithacos

(One bush does not shelter two Robins)

Zenodotus (3rd Century B.C.)