Swan concern

Hello all,

I have grown concerned about what I think is a maturing cygnet. Though I think this may be normal behaviour over territory, the male is becoming increasingly aggresive, and the ?cygnet hasn’t been in the water for over a week, looking to be becoming more weak as time passes. I’m not sure if it’s maybe dehydration or more tame as it’s maybe a female? It won’t leave and has been near the same spot for around a week. Can anyone advise? Is there reason to report this bird as a cause for concern? Will attach some pictures, one of the bevy in June 2023 last year and the ?cygnet in the water on 20th May this year and then a picture from today. Any advice would be greatly appreciated

• Is it the one feeding on the grain? Have you seen the male moving it away - It's probably time that it joined with other youngsters -it can seem quite hard and brutal to us but the parent birds will be trying to push it away to explore and find it's own feet.  Keep observing and if you continue to be concerned contact your local RSPCA or if it's in a park have a word with any keepers/rangers 

Cin J