If I put up house martin and bat boxes, can I attract them even if I haven't spotted them in my local area?

When I visit friends and family I always love watching the house martins zipping around overhead during the day and I equally love watching the bats doing the same in the evenings, but I don't get either of them around my area. So I'm curious if I put up house martin boxes and bat boxes, whether that would be enough to encourage them to my garden?

I already have a small pond which was full of Mosquito larvae along with other flying insects which have been visiting throughout the summer, so the food source is here for them, I just need to know what the chances of them coming to my garden are if I put up boxes for them?

For a bit of extra context on my garden situation; I've been living in my house for roughly a year and my garden originally was about a 20x20ft square of which was roughly 70% concrete (patio, path, shed foundation) and 30% gravel (the rest of the garden), so not wildlife friendly in the slightest... However I've spent most of the summer months transforming what I can of it into a little wildlife haven, I've included a couple before and after pictures showing my work in progress. My shrugs and trees are still very young as you can see in the pictures, so the garden lacks roosting locations (not including the fence and my roof) and any kind of cover from predators at the moment, but there are the two mature trees behind my house in the pictures.