Robin nesting on 3rd floor balcony

Hello everyone,

Two robins have been visiting my balcony on the 3rd floor and I realised yesterday they are making a nest on my tool shelf.  They are also taking materials off somewhere else so possibly it’s just one of a few, but I really don’t want them to nest here so high from the ground!  I adore robins and when I thought they were nesting elsewhere I collected and left material out for them (straw, sticks, leaves, moss etc) but it’ll be dangerous for the fledglings when they leave the nest because I’m really high up here and directly below is a busy garage.  Can I put them off?  Has anyone else had a robin successfully fledge young so high up?  

Thanks I’m advance, worried robin aunty.

• About 10 years ago my Robins nested in a wall cavity 2 floors up above the local school playground. They fledged successfully and eventually three of the fledglings made it to my garden with the parents. All you can (legally) do is keep an eye on them. It might be that they abandon the nest of their own volition. Eggs are incubated for about 14 days and the young fledge about 14 days later. Keep that in mind and try to watch them when they fledge. Good luck Thumbsup 

Unicum arbustum haud alit duos erithacos

(One bush does not shelter two Robins)

Zenodotus (3rd Century B.C.)