Bird Box Puzzle:

First timer so please be gentle.

I built my own nest box, and for 4 years it was used by Blue Tits, and successfully fledged 8-10 young every year. 

As we were missing out on the activity in the box, we decided to install a camera, however the original box was not tall enough to fit the camera and get it to focus.

So, built another box, exactly the same sizes, just 2 inches (50mm) taller, even made it from the same plank of wood. Not wanting to dig up the lawn to run a power cable, decided to power it with solar panels, found 2 to match the original box roof size, and assembled the box. (Contains a Green Feathers camera and LED light).

Now to the problem, last season there was no interest in the box, apart from one bird who entered the box and spent ten minutes crashing into everything and then left, no roosting, no looking in. This season again no roosting, but did have one bird look in the hole.

I should add, that the original box was re-sited in the garden and fledged 11 chicks last year, and already has a pair taking nesting material into it this year (external camera).

I know it is still early, but with last years failure, not confident, would be grateful for any theories/suggestions as to why this box has failed to attract any birds, baring in mind the following:

The new box is sited in exactly the same spot as the successful original box, same height, same size, facing same direction, same internal perch, same drainage holes, etc. etc, even made from same plank of wood as original.

The obvious answer would be the differences between the two boxes, the solar panels, but as several companies now market solar powered boxes, I feel it is unlikely be the refection from the panels scaring them off, I maybe wrong, also the LED light (only on in daylight), but yet again several companies sell boxes with these fitted.

After all the time and money spent on this new box, we are really disappointed, any help greatly appreciated.