Bird nesting in Xmas wreath

Hi we just discovered that we have a bird nesting in our Xmas wreath in the front door.  So far we’ve only caught glimpses of the bird when we’ve accidentally disturbed it at night so we are not positive what kind of bird it is - if we were to make a guess it’s either a small robin or a wren?  (I originally thought it was a moth it was so silent and small when it flew passed my head)!

If anyone has had the same situation, do you have any advice on encouraging / nurturing the bird, I think we’ve already accepted that we can’t take the wreath down :-)

• I believe your bird shall only be roosting there at night and not nesting so when you wish to take it down am sure it will be fine and the bird will find somewhere else to roost for the evening;-)

(Pardon the Scottish Accent)

• Hello Serlo, I have the same situation. Several weeks ago I notice bird poo on the front door step, at a later date I was hosing the windows,etc and something flew out from the porch. Another evening I opened the front door, up to the left in the overhanging porch is a swallows nest, that was built and used this year, something flew out and another, I thought it was wrens, I put the lights out and waited a while, looked again, and to my surprise there were not 1,2,3,4 but 5 wrens roosting in the nest. 5 little heads hanging over, just like the 3 swallow chicks did. Another night all I could see were 5 tails sticking up! Today I hosed the steps and hand rail, that is the only problemI have. My poor parents who are aged and came out on boxing day had a bit of a job getting up the steps with their sticks, with being able to hold onto the rail. I won't be taking the nest down, it is lovely to see it being used. I tried to get a photo with the 5 but only managed managed 2. Will try again sometime.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.