Small bird like a house wren returning to our lounge

Hi there! I wondered if anyone can help. We live in West Yorkshire & for a few weeks, since early November, we have had a tiny brown bird (from looking online it looks like a House Wren) come in to our lounge/kitchen. We have no idea how it gets in but it likes to hide in a large monstera plant we have in the corner or now that has been replaced with the Christmas tree it is hiding in there. It probably comes in once a week but twice this week.
I have a vague memory of this happening a few years ago but definitely don’t think it was as frequent & I’m not sure if it was the same time of year. 
We do have a log burner that I’m wondering if it’s somehow coming through although we keep the door closed I think there are holes in the base for airflow.
It’s totally harmless & very sweet but I don’t know if we could end up with problems nesting down the line (especially if it is coming in through the fire) or if we are away for a few weeks will it be able to leave. Any tips/advice welcome!

Have added pics. 

• Hi and welcome to the forum but have to warn that it's not a good idea to have your email address on open view as anyone can see this site and you may attract spam!
    What a strange occurrence to have this Wren, not a house wren as they are not in the UK, visiting your Xmas tree in the lounge! I can only suggest that you try to find where it's getting in because of it maybe getting trapped inside when you are away! Certainly never heard of this situation before, usually birds who fly in accidentally are only to keen to escape!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• Thank you for your response and tip on the email! Yes we’d like to figure out how it’s getting in & I guess seal it up, I’m just worried if it is coming down chimney I don’t want it to then get stuck in there? Very new with all this (and house / fire maintenance!).
    It definitely doesn’t seem distressed or desperate to leave, it seems to just like hanging about in the tree/plant I guess in the warmth.
  • Please let us know if you manage to solve the problem, pleased to hear your Wren is there of it's own choosing!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr