Young Pigeon Help

Hi all. For the last 2 weeks there has been a young pigeon in our garden and I'm not sure if there's something wrong with it. It may have flown into one of our windows as we heard a bang and then a few minutes later we saw it on the ground. Since then it's been in our garden most days, but has left a couple of times for a day or two, then has come back. It spends 99% of the time on the ground. Initially, it couldn't fly more than a foot off the ground but I have seen it recently get up onto our roof (bungalow so only single storey). Parent/s were still feeding it but not seen them for a couple of days, It's mostly under our trees sheltering but today it's sat out right in the middle of the lawn. I'm amazed a cat hasn't got it to be honest, especially as there's nowhere for it to go when under the trees if it were cornered as it's fenced off. I know there's probably nothing I can do but I'm just curious as to what might have happened to it and whether it will be OK. There is water in our garden and I've seen it today pecking around so assume it's OK food/drink wise. I'm hoping someone is going to come and tell me this is normal young pigeon behaviour, it just worries me the amount of time it's spending on the ground. By the way, when I say young, it looks almost adult size without the white markings on its neck. Thanks all :)