Baby pigeons

hi 

we have a pigeon nest in our garden. The chicks look to be around 10 days old I think. Mum left them this morning and hasn’t returned ... should I be worried? How long can then be left at this point?

thanks

nancy :) 

• Oh i didnt mean or expect a help now, i was only saying if any other organisation or volunteer comes to mind to please let me know. I have contacted london wildlife protection before. And yes i will. Fingers crossed im wrong about their age and hatching time!
    Thank you once again
  • Hi im pleased to say the father came back. He did not switch with mum last night and they stayed alone, so i was waiting to see now if he will show up, so happy he did :)..i was getting very worried.
    I pray for these and the other babies every day (as there are more in this building) to grow up fast and fledge before the workers start the job as every day is a gift for them. Please send them a good thought too to strengthen their luck!
    I will show you a pic to see where they have chosen to nest, not a good place at all.

P.s how do i attach a picture btw?
  • Very pleased to hear this good news Ina, hope they fledge successfully & adukts do not start a new nest in this unsuitable site!
    Make sure your pic not too large, 2mb should post easily ... select reply then rich formatting to bring up media box, change parameters to 500 in first box & delete numbers in second for a decent size image when posted ... select your pic from wherever you are storing, double click on it & it will appear in box so you can check if right one, then click on post!

•  Thank you, yes i pray it all goes well and they fledge soon as well as the rest. When they were demolishing the old building probably lots of birds died, there were living there for a long time so many. Ok i will try now to send it, hope i succeed! 

• Once again thank you Wendy for you help <3
    If you want i can still let you know once they fledge ;)
  • I will, but also by sending them a positive thought too we strengthen their luck as it is more than one person wishing them good, so yes im hopeful :)
    Have a good evening and hopefully i write with some good news soon Fingers crossed
  • Ina said:
    Ok i will try now to send it, hope i succeed

Looks rather too inviting for birds looking to raise young, they just took advantage of lockdown it seems but now work as normal!  Hope the birds are too wary to roost/nest there any more with all the activity going on!

• Yes many birds nested there, and recently another one made a new nest and it is tiring to pray for them this long. But the Angels protect them Dove
  • Hello Wendy im glad to say these ones finally fledged 'phew', last time i mentioned the other parent returned however i was wrong it was the same bird as the other parent never came back. So the father i believe is a hero, all by himself. The workers returned and were working on their storey few days ago with lots of slamming, knocking, bashing (crazy noises) thank God they did not see them that day, i was so worried and it was very intense day for me. But another one made a nest 2 days ago :( so i believe there are probably 3 nests in the building now :'(
    And sadly the kids i told you about in the playground were screaming and shouting sooo much that their noises killed the babies to one of the pair, :'(( their little hearts could not stand the noise i saw their little 6 days old bodies being eaten this morning by other birds. One last pair is left in the playground, hope at least they will succeed.
    Dont know why im telling you all this lol, but i guess a good thought for them might be helpful. <3

All the best x