Seagull chick in my garden

Hi all, new to this. I need some advice. I have a Seagull chick in my garden. I have found out that it is not from my roof. I have put out some water for him. Hes had a drink and a bath and seems more perky. Although now hes asleep in the middle of the lawn. He has been calling but not seen any adults come down. From what i've read I should just leave him but i'm worried about the local cats. I can keep my dogs out of the garden but not sure what to do about the cats. yes my dogs usually keep the cats out but still worried. 

Any hints or tips would be appreciated

Thanks in advance 

• If you have a flat roof near-b you could put him up there, you could also put some bits of scraps as well, along with water, as he/she looks almost ready to be independent, just watch the beak, lets know how you go on, it looks healthy enough, so should be ok.

To each their own

• I have tried contacting the RSPCA but only get the automated response. I live in Eastbourne so used to the gulls, but never had one in my garden, although they do nest on the roof. The problem is i live in the ground floor flat of a 3 story victorian conversion so getting to a roof is not really an option. Also i don't believe the gull is from my roof.  So not sure how far away the parents are.

I'll check that link out thanks. Also not really sure what scraps to put out for him, What would anyone suggest?

• They will eat almost anything from raw bacon, cheese, cake, fish bits, there is a seagull rescue centre near Eastbourne, if you google it, may come up.

To each their own

• Hi you could try this link, hope it helps.

Kris Kelly adopters - Kris Kelly Special Events - Kris Kelly Animal Rescue

Sussex Wildlife Trust - sussexwildlifetrust.org.uk‎

www.sussexwildlifetrust.org.uk/

To each their own

• www.sussexwildlifetrust.org.uk/

To each their own

• Thanks for the replies. Unfortunately no one seems interested because hes not injured. He is still alive and fighting fit. It looks like he might be trying to fly, he runs along the lawn and flaps his wings and gets a little lift, but not enough to take off. I think mum has found him but i dont know if shes feeding him because he is in the garden (admittedly i don't watch him 24/7). So i'm still putting out scraps, and water for him. The dogs have gotten used to him too. Worry about him at night, will be upset if anything bad happens to him.

• Hi Kate, my advice would be to leave it be, gulls all the round the UK are turning up in gardens and the parents will come down and feed them when they get the chance. provide water and keep your dogs in, if cats turn up you can be sure that at least one parent is watching from up high and will be quick to make the cat leave the garden. Even young gulls like this can put up a decent defense from feline attack. By the looks of it this one will be fying soon.

Warden Intern at Otmoor.

• Same situation , been 24 hrs now, i kept the flegling in over-night , and rescued it from a young fox who had it by the throat . tonight i have to work 6pm to 9pm , and foxes come out at dusk
    worried that he'll be nabbled
    my cat has been tremendous, just left him alone
  • thanls robbo, i hope the fledgling goes for it soon ( flies ) , as the fox will get him
    He's trying , gets a few feet off the ground . hoping therefore its hours, not days
    He's been there 30 hours now , lovely to see him hoping from perch to perch , 3 foot high
    if he could just make the fence :)