Dazzling Dragons and Damsels 2024: Share your photos here

My apologies if a 2024 thread has been started, but the search box isn't performing well, again. I know there was a 2022 & 2023 thread, neither are coming up!

The weather is getting warmer, and sunnier, and I'm seeing an increasing number of damsels and dragons now the sun is out, so time to start a new thread.

The photo is from August 2019, and not this year, though I know some of you already have some photos ready to share, so please do.

• Just found this thread. Anyway, having finished moving a further three tons of topsoil to bolster the sides of our ditch, I took photos of progress. Mog does take all the changes in her stride - though the little rat loves to roll about in the fine, dry soil - then spread it all over the house.

I happen to be using my mobile phone for these progress shots, and decided to go back to a dragonfly I had photographed earlier resting on the back of a garden chair. Simply to see what sort of close up photos my mobile could take. Said dragonfly didn't want my mobile in its face, so took off, flew around for a couple of seconds before it did this...

Where it stayed for ages until I transferred it to a Weigelia. Sadly, the sun gods were not playing whilst I photographed the dragonfly, which sat on my hand happily as I moved it around for various shots.

Cropping out for super close up.

Not bad for a cheap, bottom of the range Motorola mobile.

The dragonfly did take exception when my mobile got too close to its face, again, and transferred itself to my thumg.

I seemed to have spent most of this last summer in the ditch or making bits for it. There is an end in sight! only four more tons of topsoil to go, as and when our landscape gardening neighbour has any, and the ditch repairs will be finished. Though shed, greenhouse and compost heap have to be moved into place, plus a patio area constructed.

But, I'll be rid of that hated decking, which is lethal wet (like an ice rink), and rots away.

90% luck, 5% field craft, 5% camera skills.

• Those are pretty damn good shots of the dragonly, particularly as you used your mobile ... Thumbsup

• I happen to be using my mobile phone for these progress shots, and decided to go back to a dragonfly I had photographed earlier resting on the back of a garden chair. Simply to see what sort of close up photos my mobile could take. Said dragonfly didn't want my mobile in its face, so took off, flew around for a couple of seconds before it did this...

As BD says, those are pretty damned good shots, basic or a flashy mobile phone.