Peregrine Falcon, Orange NSW - 2021

aa

• 25 November

Xavier checked the scrape in the evening.  (He had brought a Starling(?) earlier, took it away after plucking a bit.)

• Such a smart looking bird ... any news of Yurruga?
  • I think this was Xavier first, then Diamond, arriving bedraggled on the ledge and preening themselves dry:

• Xav brought supper, no takers:

Di flew in @ 03:06 and stayed for the rest of the night:

She flew @ 06:03 (no snap as we coudn't see her face) and someone arrived @ 06:29:

Ledge view of landing:

Quite orange-footed but looks too big for Xav - and pecking at a right-foot talon quite a lot.  Anyway, still tending the "eggcup":

Still on the ledge @ 10:00, that's as far as I go...

No, I checked Chat and Cilla said that Diamond did a lovely glide-away from the ledge @ 11:42, so here it is:

• From YouTube live stream page:

NEWS 27 November 2021.

No sign of Yurruga today after two hour search. This could mean he's in hiding, but I think he has moved out of the wood below the tower as Diamond ignored me when I was there. Any new sightings will be reported here first. So no need to keep asking 'where is Yurruga?'.

I "feel" that Diamond (and Xavier) wouldn't be spending so much time on the scrape if Yurruga was close by, but wuddoo I know?

A little sample from Oz's last daytime-into-evening:

• Yes, I thought the same, Wendy. I expect we will hear from Cilla if Yurruga is spotted again. Fingers crossed.
  • Another day with lots of parent visits to and stays on the scrape.

BUT!  I read the "28th NEWS" and Dr Cilla reported that Yurruga had been heard calling early morning.  Now here's a thing - she specified the exact times and I found them, but when I went back to copy her text to post for you here... the tiimes had been removed Dizzy face   How lucky was I to have caught them?!

(Sound heavily edited to amplify Yurruga, and I need to explain that the Audacity software doesn't like my ultra-HD display, the cursor doesn't show up so it's very difficult navigating.  In the original Yurruga could hardly be heard.)

Looks like Diamond had a very good lunch Grin 

• 29 Nov teatime

Xavier left right away, Diamond stayed on the ledge until 20:42, she hadn't returned by 22:30.

• From the Box cam page:

NEWS 29 November 2021.

No sign of Yurruga today. I looked for him at the roost trees this afternoon after seeing a raptor (possibly Diamond) there earlier (too far for photo). I've looked every day, but he's not been seen since last Thursday when spotted on a roof. It's of concern, but he might simply be well hidden. Any new sightings will be reported here first. So no need to keep asking 'where is Yurruga?'.

05:15-05:30 a long bonding session:

I'm going to try to "see" Yurruga's voice, but if Cilla hasn't heard it I haven't got much chance.

EDIT - a hopeless quest - but oh! the clangs 'n bangs that are revealed when the sound is amplified - and a few unknown birdie calls.