Peregrine Falcon, Orange NSW - 2021

aa

• Yurruga's brown feathers (and, incidentally, Diamond still interested in egg occasionally):

• Diamond still tending the eggs:

• Lovely capture of Yurruga's mad moment Scylla but still makes me anxious seeing youngsters so close to the edge when full of energy but no finesse!
  •  I went to a lot of trouble tarting up Cilla's comparison snap and then forgot to post it Imp

WendyBartter said:
    makes me anxious seeing youngsters so close to the edge

I'm re-living Aspro's fate over and over these past few days - it was 7 years ago on Monday (but not 100% sure because the date on the video is over-written).  Scott Banks's video: https://youtu.be/yElP5AEZ7lA

I haven't noticed Yurruga lying on the ledge like that but s/he's still living dangerously, given the height and the wind:

Haha, what did I just say?

Big pigeon (part) !!!

• Simply can't believe it was SEVEN years ago!!! Knew you'd remember Aspro's name Scylla when I couldn't! Don't like seeing Yurruga in positions like that ... why did they not install a ledge bar??
  • WendyBartter said:
    Simply can't believe it was SEVEN years ago!!!

Me neither!  I've been telling YouTubers "a couple of years ago"!

WendyBartter said:
    Knew you'd remember Aspro's name Scylla when I couldn't!

I didn't!  Every time I remind myself of it I forget it again.  Surprising, seein' as it's a memorable name, one would think.  I searched my videos for "gust/wind/etc" with ©FalconCam,  CSU, NSW, repeated for the whole of YouTube, but kept getting nil results, so had to scroll back thru Scott's videos.  Now you know how I spend/waste my time Stuck out tongue winking eye except it's not funny.

The 18th revealed even more risky behaviour by Yurruga (I'll be having trouble with that soon after s/he's out of sight, I already misname as Yurruba) plus a third-party scare:

• 19 November - Yurruga started flapping on the ledge very early - but s/he's still on the scrape as I type.

What a performance when breakfast did eventually arrive - and poor Di won't have appreciated having her toe yanked again:

Yurruga is now standing on the ledge, calmly looking downwards.

• Finally plucked up courage to watch your great captures Scylla ... so nerve-wracking, if Yurruga doesn't fall out prematurely it'll be a miracle!
  • Scylla, I have clicked 'like' on your posts from today because I appreciate you taking all the effort to select and post the videos and to add comments, but I remember the other juvenile being blown off the edge by the wind. So sorry but I just cannot bear to watch any more videos here until young Yurruga fledges successfully--don't need any more successive frights just now; life is exciting enough without voluntarily adding more! (I have actually watched nearly all of your previous videos-lol!) You work far too hard for us but I thank you for it!