Peregrine Falcon, Orange NSW - 2020

©FalconCamProject, CSU, Orange, NSW

FALCONCAM PROJECT WEBSITE

NEST CAM

LEDGE CAM

As announced by IAN in the 2019 thread:

First egg of the season:

• Unfamiliar behaviour to me - yesterday afternoon Diamond spent 4 minutes calling and looking out from the ledge, then went back to incubating.  Unfortunately I had footage missing from the preceding period so I couldn't tell when Xavier had last visited.

The next sighting of Xavier (for me) was @ 05:45 the following morning, when he came in and took over incubation for a good hour.

Earlier I started the nest on a 6-hour stint, I hope to find a prey delivery later, haven't seen any for ages but I don't trust my downloads on this nest.

• Some bits from the past day or two.

Xavier brought prey with very feathery feet - lol - Xav's feet, not the prey's Grin 

A pretty departure:

Diamond returned from a break and waited on the ledge for over 10 minutes while Xavier chattered now and again:

"Early release" for Diamond:

Xavier relieving again:

Gleaned from the bits I've got from Nest Cam - I started it again this morning and only got 15 minutes before it cut out, and when I play it it's very juddery.

Xav rises and reveals the 3 eggs, all look well ;)

Diamond:

I was going to do one of Xav sitting as well, then realised it probably wasn't him.  

• The nest camera seems to be completely down at the moment. Ian
  • In the left pic, Xavier is waiting for 1h40m to take over incubation but has to leave unfulfilled.  In the right, he's returned about 1h30m later and does get to incubate.  I thought he looked a bit the worse for wear in the second pic, but now see he does have "flaws" in the first.

I only got 26 minutes of nest and there was nothing to remark on therein.

• I'm always miles behind, of course, but here is a "situation normal" video of prey delivery/changeover with some vocals.

I got nearly 12 hours of nestcam in 2 batches :o 

@ Xav's takeover @ 05:30 on the 10th: 

07:50 The expression should be "perry-toed", not "pigeon-toed" Grin

I've had to delete some comments, the changeovers are so very fast - I watch for a flicker in the gravel and then cut down to that place in order to see what happened there.

An empty-toed arrival pre 09:00:

She's not going to get fat on this type of menu item :o 

• The nest camera seems to be down again, the ledge camera is still working. Ian
  • I had trouble getting Scott's YT channel yesterday, can only get a few seconds at a time for the nest, and can't get Cilla's tab at FalconCam tab to load at all :-/

• Scylla, Are you ok today in seeing Scott's YouTube live cam? This came up when I googled it and has a red dot next to the 'Live.' Nestcam: www.youtube.com/watch
  • Unknown said:
    Scylla, Are you ok today in seeing Scott's YouTube live cam? This came up when I googled it and has a red dot next to the 'Live.' Nestcam: www.youtube.com/watch

Thank you for checking, GARDENBIRDER Kissing heart   That's the LEDGE cam, which is far less troublesome than the NEST cam - what I couldn't get at all was Scott's YT CHANNEL, which is now loading fine, go figure Smirk   

And the tab on the CSU website where Cilla posts her daily blogs won't load for me.

Pre 08:00 on the Oz 12th, in the space of a few minutes:

Oh how badly I'm doing with prey-drops!  Yet Diamond has a plump crop, late afternoon of the 12th Grin 

Overnight on 12/13th I got 6 unbroken hours of nestcam - but it was "only" Diamond sleeping, apart from a 50-second bathroom flight just after midnight.

Currently nestcam is showing Diamond turning the eggs.

(Please pay me a £ for all the times I've had to edit for typos, only discovered one at a time!)

Another EDIT for the clip I missed, here was late lunch on the 13th:

• 08:11 on the 14th - Xav waited for a minute but got no response so he took it away:

Either I missed the next prey-drop or Di is hunting for herself - she's looking very well fed!

Hello-Goodbye (and that digressed me into watching/listening to Beatles on YouTube!):

Lawn mower, I think:

04:58 

Duplicate changeover @ 08:23:

I haven't seen anything untoward, like them dang wasps, it's all going swimmingly so far Purple heart