(C) Sheffield University Peregrines 2020 (All pics/vids posted here with their kind permission)

Reserving our place for what we hope will be another productive season!

Link:  http://peregrine.group.shef.ac.uk/ 

Plus Alan's great idea for quick reference ... links to

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• Thanks, everyone, for pics and posts.
    You may have heard from Hazel, but if not, here is her message for Forumates which she sent today:
    "Sorry I have been absent recently from the forum and Ann informs me that one or two of you are wondering why I dropped off the radar suddenly ......
    Mike and I are currently dealing with a medical emergency as a recent biopsy on Mike showed up cancerous cells on part of his tongue and we are about to embark on the first step of a very scary ladder. Hopefully things have been caught early enough for successful treatment but only an MRI/CT scan this week will reveal the next course of action. It will be a very busy time for us over the next weeks/months but once I am able to I will re-join the community forum. As you can imagine it feels very surreal as we take on this frightening journey but fingers crossed and with your positive vibes hopefully we come out of this nightmare eventually, until then dear friends, stay safe and keep up the good work on the forum. XX Hazy and Mike"

Kind regards, Ann

• Thanks Ann,
    and like Alan ,I will have them both in my prayers, as my personal extra,thoughts, are always for the partners, as the patient is so engrossed with procedures, itis the partners, feelings of continually being the Rock ,for all the different phases and ensuring continuation of daily, rituals etc,,

• Don't shoot the messenger eh Ann?
    Fortunately I had heard directly from aitch yesterday so had time to assimilate the shocking news ... sent my best wishes immediately & hopes that treatment is swift & successful!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• Thanks, Wendy, Hazel told me she had contacted you as well. We were out all afternoon so I did not see her initial note until nearly dinner time. But I waited until late evening after exchanging a few notes with Hazel, and we'd had dinner and we then watched Vicar of Dibley re-runs before I told Mr GB. Sometimes such news is easier to take on a full stomach--perhaps I should have waited until after Alan had had breakfast before posting on this Sheffield site, although I was probably still sleeping until long after he'd had breakfast...and possibly his lunch as well! (Sorry again, Alan!) Hence the very late posting of Hazel's comments here.

Kind regards, Ann

• Awh! Bless you Ann always thinking of others, I certainly would not have been able to offer my thoughts and prayers,if you had not kindly posted.

So was truly appreciated,and do sincerely hope they can start a good run of treatment soon.

• Thanks, Kate. I have always been annoyed by people posting unkind comments online--there is absolutely no reason for it, so I try to be kind when posting--but unfortunately, I am not always able to be as nice in person--lol! Far too frank, some would say. I blame my parents who drummed it into us that telling a lie was only slightly less wrong than murder!

Kind regards, Ann

• Hazel sends her thanks for your comments and also that your
    "thoughts and wishes are much appreciated as it will be some time before I get back on the community and thank them myself."

Kind regards, Ann

• Waiting for breakfast to finish being plucked ..possibly by someone round the corner judging by feathers flying....

• but he did push her off, ( just a quick glimpse her flying down)....CHOL:):)