Cornish Barn Owls 2019 (C) Barn Owl Trust & Wildlife TV ... all pics/vids posted with their kind permission!

New thread ready for first pic of 2019!

2018 thread here: https://community.rspb.org.uk/wildlife/f/wildlife-on-the-web/196059/cornish-barn-owls-2018 

Very pleased to add this link to a heart-warming story from BOT which Sandra has posted in main thread but will, of course, disappear very quickly ...

https://www.barnowltrust.org.uk/releasing-a-barn-owl-a-great-way-to-start-the-year/ 

• This is very sad news indeed. Ian
  • SunnyKate2 said:

Oh dear!!
    Matt has posted the inevitable Diary update re The Owl Web Cam.

March 2019

And now for some bad news…..

After 11 years of (largely successful) streaming of Nestcam and Barncam, the site we’ve been using in Cornwall is to become unavailable due to circumstances beyond our control. We thought it wiser to pull the cameras now whilst the birds are only there occasionally than to wait until later on when there’s a greater chance of more activity. The nestbox will of course remain and we hope the birds continue to use it in the future.

We’re extremely grateful to Yvonne at the farm, whose continued support over the years has made all of this possible, and to Colin at WildlifeTV, who has paid for all the streaming since we started in 2008, and also supplied much of the hardware. WildlifeTV will continue to stream his other cameras as normal. We’re also grateful to those of you who have watched over the years, sent us updates and concerns and been so positive about the whole experience. For those concerned about getting withdrawal symptoms, our Barn Owl webcams page does have links to other Barn Owl nest cameras.

I've brought the extremely sad news (above) over from the previous page which was originally posted by Kate

I would just like to add, on a personal level, that it's been wonderful to follow the lives of these precious birds over the years, what an amazing experience, and I'm extremely grateful to everyone who has been involved - thank you. I shall miss watching and reporting on these cams. Wishing the present and future Barn Owls to the barn and nestbox, successful breeding for many years to come.

• The end of an era ... so very sad that we'll not see eggs/owlets this year!
  • It is Wendy...

21:00 No sightings at all so far this evening

22:35 EN/EB and very quiet. Goodnight

• No sightings so far.

I know that humour is not appropriate at this time and this is not meant to be humorous, believe it or not - coming on top of Brexit the loss of our dear CBOs is a very bitter blow - hitting me while I'm down :'(

• May as well keep reporting as long as the camera is in operation, box and barn both empty (07.10). Ian
  • I haven't seen any presence in the barn for the past 20+ hours... except the little bird has been back in the bottom right corner again today.
  • 18:29 I had this and thought it was 'the end'. Just a blip though as cams/PP are back. EN/EB

• 19:52 I refreshed the barncam LS and this is what is on screen (click to enlarge)

I haven't refreshed Nestcam/PP and they appear to still be running

I've opened both links for the cams on Chrome and get the above message. I think this is the end now.... Disappointed