(C) Sheffield University Peregrines 2019 (All pics/vids posted here with their kind permission)

Reserving our place for what we hope will be another productive season!

Link:  http://peregrine.group.shef.ac.uk/ 

Plus Alan's great idea for quick references & comparisons

And links to 

And links to

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• Mr P wasn't too happy about it as my scruffy footage shows (no sound) & definitely was him back to the eggs ... no idea at present about Mrs P's whereabouts, need to scroll back on PC footage to find out

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• Mrs was shouting at intruder and has just shot off the eggs....to chase..

and if this is Mrs ?back again in minutes.

• Well spotted Kate ... was just coming on to report that it's been going on for quite some time this afternoon, wonder if she's been scrapping with the intruder (who just won't give up) as the loose feathers indicate ... Mrs P is also suffering from an injury which is making it difficult for her to initially settle on eggs, her left foot seems painful as she is constantly holding it up & her right wing splays out but she can then retract it when settled ... doesn't seem to affect her flight, just take off & landing look awkward!
    At least she came back to help out Mr P with incubating though whether there will be any success with hatching is anyone's guess!
    Ooooh, it's a worry!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• Only liking the fact that you posted Kate ... not liking eggs left for so long again!!
    I spotted them & posted to Twitter @ 10.10 but don't know how long they had been left! Not going well here with Mrs P injured & that pesky intruder ... although Mr P doing his best it's doubtful we'll see successful hatching ... sad!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• As you say so sad, and this scap says tome anyway..

"Well I am still hoping my chicks will survive."awh!!!

• Oh dear an almighty scrap Intruder female takes over box but then stands shouting on perch. as I type.

I have to go think I can hear Mr and Mrs P calling near by, but not going to box.....so sad.......

• Mr P back 17:43. What did Mrs Intruder fly off with? The pigeon she had earlier on the other side of the nest box?
  • Evening, All. Just to echo other comments--I've 'liked' some posts simply to say thanks for the information, but not 'liking' this turn of events! So sad that this nest probably will be unsuccessful this time around. Hope the original female recovers from her injuries and can either reclaim her nest or successfully move to another site with this male or with another partner. Is there still time for this pair or another combination to have another go in this nest box this year?

Kind regards, Ann

• A few of the intrusions this afternoon ... she is very persistent & I don't have any idea how this scenario is going to work out ... itm, will the eggs hatch ... who knows?

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr