Cornish Barn Owls 2018 (C) Barn Owl Trust & Wildlife TV ... all pics/vids posted with their kind permission!

Happy New Year everyone!

Great start with lovely captures of our pair ... but mighty strange about that 'third' one ... maybe a late 'first footer'  Lol!

Good to have some colour Scylla, hope you are continuing to improve!

Gales seem to be a bit of a fixture just lately, another blow overnight promised here, stay safe all!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• I can see little legs wiggling about to the far right of middle beam!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• Still there at 20:35  It's very quiet in the barn

20:45 In the same position. I can hear a BO rasping

20:56 Silence

21:19 Rasping from one BO has started again

21:34 Female flew in, onto the tray and then in the box - rasping

21:39 She left the box and barn.

21:41 Middle beam BO, the male, went into the box

21:43 She(?) came back in, to the tray and then flew to the back beam. Disappeared at 21:44

21:48 Appeared again on the back beam - there is rasping (unsure if it's food begging calls). Flew downwards under the beams and out of view

21:52 Came onto the tray, looked through the pop hole before jumping onto the box and flying out. This appears to be a juvenile

21:54 Came back to the tray. There is a second juvenile close by as there are two separate food begging calls

22:02 Male came out of the box, frightened the juvenile who flew to the back of the barn. Male left.

22:03 One appeared to the side of the box, made its way to the right of the front beam. No calling from this one but there is food begging calls close by

22:20 FOOD DELIVERY!

22:23 Vehicle pulled up outside the barn - one juvenile flew to the back, the other flew forward so assume left the barn. I'm not sure if the prey was left on the tray

22:28 Both appeared behind the box. One flew out the other stayed, moved to middle beam, top of box then found the prey on the tray at 22:32

22:50 This juvenile is still on the tray food begging, no other calls can be heard

23:03 ANOTHER FOOD DELIVERY!

23:10 It isn't eating it, just toying with it on the tray. Continuing to food beg.

23:25 Unfortunately, I have to sign out. The juvenile is still on the tray calling.

23:25 Before I go, A THIRD DELIVERY! Another juvenile came into the barn after, both making food begging calls

All recorded by Wendy in vids below!

• Footage of tonight's events you describe Sandra but at faster speed, shame barncam lagging behind boxcam!

I have recordings saved if there are any bits you wish clarified by slower recording speed!

Some further footage of the pair on the back beam

Must stop now & go to bed ... goodnight!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• Morning all

have not checked lastevenings yet! as THREE on Beams

Movement begins.

06.50 Youngster jumps to middle beam and then to back

Sorry I am in and out for a while so cannot record regularly. at moment

• WendyBartter said:

Footage of tonight's events you describe Sandra but at faster speed, shame barncam lagging behind boxcam!

I have recordings saved if there are any bits you wish clarified by slower recording speed!

Brilliant Wendy! Thank you!!!

• Good morning all.

Thanks Kate, same scene at 8:00

Juvenile went to the male on the tray, he moved to the font beam

The other one came back, middle beam

One juvenile in the box, male on front beam. Both juveniles in the box 8:28

• 08.23 - one in box, one on tray & one on front beam. Ian

• After exploring the barn, one juvenile left the barn 8:38 Male still on front beam, other juvenile still in the box

A glary fly-away

Under the 'curtain' below the box

On the back ledge then to the box before leaving

8:50

9:10 Absolutely beautiful!

• 9:22 Juvenile asleep in the box, male doing the same on the tray

10:20 I have to go out for a couple of hours, BBL.