Cornish Barn Owls 2018 (C) Barn Owl Trust & Wildlife TV ... all pics/vids posted with their kind permission!

Happy New Year everyone!

Great start with lovely captures of our pair ... but mighty strange about that 'third' one ... maybe a late 'first footer'  Lol!

Good to have some colour Scylla, hope you are continuing to improve!

Gales seem to be a bit of a fixture just lately, another blow overnight promised here, stay safe all!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• Last sighting before daycam, two in the barn.  I've set "enhancements" on YouTube to make the second owl's flyins and outs a bit clearer, took me ages to find them, had to watch real time.  They were there for about 6 minutes.  Plus, I've used different transitions from usual to try to make cuts obvious.

Oh I do have to tell the tale :-/

2m40s

IMAGICAT

• 3+ hours ago, a birdie on the back beam - I didn't stop to investigate it:

IMAGICAT

• 19:45 One in

I think it flew to the back of the barn, out of view. There was a little bird flitting around by the bucket, bottom right of centre.

It's sounding particularly breezy at the site.

20:47 It's just come back into view after doing a PS

21:01 Flew closer to the cam, to the right. Not on view so may well be on the middle beam, behind the diagonal

21:13 Came onto the front beam. Seemed very interested in something as it kept staring down towards the middle of the barn. After typing on here, it had gone 20:17. (Scylla?)

22:53 One behind the box. It flew downwards to the right after this scap

23:35 I can hear the odd tapping/clunking in the barn, nothing on view. Goodnight

• I've got a couple of snaps from a recent entry, now on the back beam.  But for some days I've been having sporadic but frequent problems posting, especially uploading pics - and now the Media box won't populate :'(

IMAGICAT

I've become confused and don't know if this was posted already

scylla said:
    I've got a couple of snaps from a recent entry, now on the back beam.

Then:

Barn Swallow (?) on the back beam for 3 minutes:

With any luck we should get more of this as summer kicks in :)

IMAGICAT

• scylla said:

Barn Swallow (?) on the back beam for 3 minutes:

I think you're right, Scylla. That's the little visitor that's been flitting around recently :)

• 19:33 One just come in, onto the front beam (PS), middle beam, to the back, to the middle then the tray!

19:37

19:42 Barn swallow sitting on the bucket below in the barn. BO swaying from side-to-side

19:55

20:05

The little bird is still around in the barn

20:32 Preening

20:36

20:41 Don't be shy, come in and say hello...

20:49 Turned around, did a PS then flew to the middle beam. Out of view behind the diagonal

21:14 I heard it having a shake then it came into view on the middle beam. Jumped to the front beam and then left the barn

• 21:27 Badgered on both cams

21:28 Back now and in time to see one come into the barn. It did a PS, looked towards the bottom right of our screen before flying down in that direction. I saw a quick flash of white (maybe part of a wing(?) right of screen a few minutes later - could have left the barn but really unsure)

22:10 Nothing has been on view since and it's very quiet in the barn.

22:22 Badgered on both cams again

22:24 LS back

23:05 I've lost the LS again. Back on 23:07

23:45 No more activity to report. Goodnight

• What I have overnight, starting at about 0100hr:

At least a couple of hours later...

A long time behind the box but I couldn't see how it got there:

Day dawned not long after the owl left, no more to report.

IMAGICAT