Cornish Barn Owls 2017

*** 2017 ***

Happy New Year !!!

Welcome to our little group following the Cornish Barn Owls, hoping for a successful season in 2017.

We have a couple (female ringed) getting to know each other, no mating yet (that we have seen).

There was a visit to the barn earlier, didn't stay long, floated out stage right:

Techie note for newbies:

The barn cam is still badgering a lot and while it's not the stream is still on-off-on-off - the intermittent sound being the telltale - and there's a huge, variable lag on it.

IMAGICAT

• Sandra P said:
    I hope you're enjoying your cuppa, Kate! lol) 

CHOL:):) Absolutely...

What an evening you all had brill, and glad it is not just me with the pics CHOL:):)

After all that activity they are cleaning in the box.

• Ha! just checked back and one decides to practices catching prey while the other grabs another prey and keeps it for himself,

got it!

I want that as well

OK I will

Copyright BOT/WLTV

• Good morning ladies.

It's fantastic to see spare prey in the box, we haven't seen that for a long while!

Love the scaps, vids and comments, Scylla and Kate, thank you! :D

With the missing pictures, I've noticed that if you click on the 'x' that is in its place, either the scap appears or this page comes up

If you click on 'go back to the previous page', all the scaps show.

• As Scylla mentioned , it does appear to be a fault with RSPB, number of posts querying on other threads throughout RSPB.

Possibly totally unrelated, but Chrome was playing up this morning, not loading or freezing, and My AV said it needed to be updated then when I log out and back in in acted normally,, a hacker about Doh!!????

• scylla said:

Just now - they have a secret ;)

This is what they were conflabbing about:

And these came out of one of the fragments, which were too many and too tiny to keep.

IMAGICAT

• Sandra P said:
    With the missing pictures, I've noticed that if you click on the 'x' that is in its place,

Trouble is, in Firefox I'm getting no 'x', but this:

Clicking on the 'strip' leads to a blank page with a long message at the top ending in something like "cannot be displayed as there are errors".

IMAGICAT

• So it must be something at RSPB end and not ours then. I'm on IE11

• It is no better on google Chrome!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• 21:48 2 in the box, one (#3?) on the tray, calling

I haven't seen any food drops yet (I've been watching for over an hour)

21:56 #1 up to the pop hole

22:06 Delivery to #1. #2 and #3 were in the box at the time

22:08 All 3 in the barn.

22:13, #1 flew towards the cam and out of view (missed the scap)

22:19 #1 behind the box

22:20 Then on top of it

22:27 #1 on the box after flying back

22:28 #3 attacking cam

22:30 #2 joined #3

22:31 #3 went out. A sweet look from #2

22:41 Delivery to #1

#1 came into the box with the prey, both owlets tried to snatch it

22:58 #1 near right corner, #2? preening and #3? on the tray

23:10 - 23:18 I had to restart my computer so don't know if I've missed any prey deliveries. All 3 owlets on the tray

23:29 Delivery which #1 took and toyed with while the other two continued to call.

23:38 #1 brought the prey into the box quickly followed by #3, there started a pursuit. #2 joined them and finally managed to snatch and then down the prey

23:50 Delivery to #3 on the tray who downed immediately. #1 went back out leaving #2 in the box. All 3 owlets were in the barn at 23:55

00:00 Delivery grabbed by #3? on the tray. Brought it into the box to eat and was followed in by #2?

00:07 Delivery to #1 who brought it into the box and left it on the flooring

00:15 6 deliveries, all have eaten. Goodnight ladies :)

Copyright BOT/WLTV

• Thanks Sandra ... mixed fortunes with viewing captures, sometimes lucky clicking on icon having it open in separate window but often not!  Suppose it will be righted soon!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr