Cornish Barn Owls 2017

*** 2017 ***

Happy New Year !!!

Welcome to our little group following the Cornish Barn Owls, hoping for a successful season in 2017.

We have a couple (female ringed) getting to know each other, no mating yet (that we have seen).

There was a visit to the barn earlier, didn't stay long, floated out stage right:

Techie note for newbies:

The barn cam is still badgering a lot and while it's not the stream is still on-off-on-off - the intermittent sound being the telltale - and there's a huge, variable lag on it.

IMAGICAT

• Are they? They look ok to me, Kate

• 20:02 Another delivery!

20:07 Dad in again with a prey drop. #1 brought it into the box. #3 followed and tried to snatch but no luck

Copyright BOT/WLTV

• Chol;:):) strangely your earlier posts now showing ok.

am away now, look forward to my morning cuppa views xxxx

• Oh thank goodness for that! :)

We're up to 3 drops already! Have a good evening Kate :D

• 20:31 4th delivery went to #2 who brought it into the box. #3, who was still in the box tried to snatch it but was unlucky again. #2 downed its prey

20:38 #1 in the barn

20:40 5th delivery taken by #1 on the tray

20:43 #1 brought the prey into the box. #3 is quite hungry.

20:46 #2 managed to snatch the prey. As he was eating, there was another delivery - 20:47 -  grabbed by #3

20:55 And another one, grabbed by #2

21:02 #2 looking

21:04 Delivery grabbed by #2. #1 attacked dad. 2 prey items are uneaten now, #1 picked one up from the flooring

Copyright BOT/WLTV

• Oh dear, see some & not others ... had this problem before on CF but not for a good long time!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• I noticed that as I was editing. I closed the site and upon return, the scaps were there. :)

• 22:21 #1 wing stretch

22:22 #3 moved out from the corner (right)

22:40 #1 with its landing gear down! ;lD

Looked through the pop hole and #2 grabbed hold of the prey it's been protecting.

22:55 L-R #2, #1, #3? (definitely #1 in the middle anyway! lol)

23:02 Owlet on the left with spare prey

23:07 Eating

23:16 The owlet moved the left over prey item to under the pop hole where its sibling managed to find and continue eating it.

23:18 Delivery. The owlet which took delivery, moved to the left middle of the box and downed the prey.

23:20 The owlet on the right took spare prey away from #1 and took it to the near right corner

23:35 Delivery grabbed by #1 and left on the flooring

23:44 Delivery by mum, grabbed by #1 and left on the flooring again

23:49

23:50 10 prey drops so far the majority of which have been delivered by dad (as much as I could see when the adults entered the box). Three spare prey items on the flooring that I can see. Goodnight ladies :)

(I hope you're enjoying your cuppa, Kate! lol) ;D

Copyright BOT/WLTV

• Non-displaying pictures have been a problem on all the LG forums too, since yesterday morning :-/  I just refreshed and got the missing pics back.

Just now - they have a secret ;)

I've got hundreds of fragments downloaded -/

IMAGICAT

• I think this shows the first 3 prey-drops yesterday evening and a little tour of the barn by one owlet.  What a shame no sound, especially for the landing-on-beam thumps ;)

6m13s

And this was a few moments ago, the sitting owlet hasn't moved as I type :)

IMAGICAT