Bill Baileys birdwatching challenge!

It's on Sky 3-   I finally get to see this vaunted disaster:)

It looks truly dreadful-

Mrs Seymouraves says let me take them ALL on simultaneously :)

S

For advice about Birding, Identification,field guides,  binoculars, scopes, tripods,  etc - put 'Birding Tips'   into the search box

• It was bad as I remember it, I certaonly did not watch more than 1 of the series

I've learned that I still have a lot to learn...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bramble67/

• Hi S.

I'll second that. It didn't take that long before it was turned off when we caught it.

Robert

• I seem to remember the programme got a bit of a slating in one of the magazines when first shown,maybe it's a good job we cannot get the channel otherwise I would have something else to moan about.

Pete

Birding is for everyone no matter how good or bad we are at it,enjoy it while you can

• Wendy S said:

I seem to remember the programme got a bit of a slating in one of the magazines when first shown,maybe it's a good job we cannot get the channel otherwise I would have something else to moan about.

I will go with that Seaman. I don't have Sky either. I have enough TV programmes to watch without adding any more.

Best wishes Chris

Click Here to see my photos

• Normal 0 false false false MicrosoftInternetExplorer4

We have Sky3 on free-view here in Ireland and believe me when I say ,no  one missed anything on this show at all tonight .They took a serious subject and made a complete mess of it , it was more of a comedy show than anything else ,complete rubbish ,it could be made into a good program ,if taken a bit more seriously

Regards Mick  

Work is for those people that don't Bird-watch!!!!  

• Ohhh come on guys!!!!

It was so bad it was too funny.  and Bill's tent must have been like the tardis with the amount of  gear changes he had.

Cheers

AL

If its no fun Yer no doin it right!

•  

Hi-

you don't need Sky ( I refuse to pay)  it's on Freeview- so be warned : )

Shame really cos Bill the Bailey is great ( seen him live in small local venue) but the producers seemed to have ni about Birding-

Maybe they need  a  'Come bird with me'  format. Bill could intro and then V/O as pairs of birders attempt the challenge :)

Frankly counting oystercatchers wasnt really much of a challenge- was doing wildfowl and wader counts at 16.

S

For advice about Birding, Identification,field guides,  binoculars, scopes, tripods,  etc - put 'Birding Tips'   into the search box

• That would be a good idea ... Plenty young folk would watch somethin like that if  Simon King  was init along with Bill Bailey ... and the out takes would be a hoot!!

Cheers

AL

If its no fun Yer no doin it right!

• Come bird with me sounds good :)

I saw this last night too and found Bill's increasing frustration quite amusing, They actually missed a reasonable idea though, if they had used people who knew what they were doing and had some birding credentials...

But bargain bucket "celebs"...

It's both what you do and the way that you do it!

You cannot fly like an eagle with the wings of a wren.
    William Henry Hudson (1841 - 1922)

• Having just realised it was on Freeview I decided to watch an episode of this to night.It was nothing to get excited about,one of those programmes where you shout at the telly when the contestants don't do what you think is right.It was amusing in places and some of the bird pictures were worth watching.I'm sure all of us could have done better,could'nt we?

Pete

Birding is for everyone no matter how good or bad we are at it,enjoy it while you can