Springwatch (Wednesday 29th) question - your thoughts

After the wren on the beach, Michaeala and Chris were talking about animal adaptation... can you think of any animals that have adapted their behaviour to survive in a world affected by man-made climate change? Let us have your thoughts.

Claire

• A few first thoughts with birds.

Increasing numbers of Chiffchaffs are overwintering in Britain which presumably gives them a advantage at the start of the breeding season compared with the migrants, assuming of course they survive the winter.

Some Blackcaps are migrating west from central Europe to spend the winter with us instead of going south. Not sure whether this a climate change issue though.

Great White Egrets are beginning to colonise southern England and beginning to breed there.

Tony

My Flickr Photostream 

• Little Egrets are now fairly common on the marshes of the Dee Estuary. The occasional Great Egret and Spoonbill are also being seen there.

My gallery here

Checkout the forums' Community HOMEPAGE for lots of interesting posts from other members.

• Cattle Egret is a known coloniser here and in the new world-  how much is due to climate change and how much to their natural spreading I'm not going to guess.

S

For advice about Birding, Identification,field guides,  binoculars, scopes, tripods,  etc - put 'Birding Tips'   into the search box

• Some good examples here folks, keep 'em coming.