My new macro lens, first attempts

As some will know I invested in a new macro lens last week and it arrived yesterday, so I have been scouting around the garden, like you do, for likely suspects. The lens is a Canon RF100mm IS USM f/2.8 macro, Being used with my Canon R7. So far I am very impressed with it's capabilities. I just need to improve the guy hanging on the back of the cameras capabilities a bit ... Wink. All shots were taken hand held with no flash or anything.

Two Ants ready for a scrap

An Aphid on a flower stem

Didn't know I had so many Aphids!

Zebra Jumping Spider on top of my shed door

I believe this is a Quedius Curtipennis better known as some kind of Beetle ... Wink

And another ... Well it's the same one really ... Smile

Inside a Petunia in my garden

• RAW + Adobe Lightroom increases options. The pricing structure for stand-alone Adobe products has gone silly, and Adobe's online provisions are (IMO) also a bit silly. Still running LR3 on a stand-alone PC. Although I don't know how it might handle/interpret an upgraded camera carcass. Having an old camera carcass i very rarely venture above 200 or 400.

I might have to break out my old-style MPE lens and play around with it again. Effective f-stops means flash is pretty much essential most of the time. The lens is total manual focus (and rack and tripod).. And anything less than 1:1 size is not possible. A garden spider can sometimes fill most of the frame on a full-frame (35mm film equiv) sensor. I wouldn't like to

I seem to have lost my (1:5)  frames of the silica injection system that stingling nettles have all over their leaves.

I like having shots where the pollinators are seen to have pollen on them.