Stunning Starlings

I think starlings are intelligent birds and they are beautiful. I was told a story of how intelligent they are. Starlings come in flock and they demolish the food that was put out in the garden for birds. However, starlings ate all the food and left nothing for smaller birds. So this family made a globe out of 2 flower hanging baskets and put some wiring around the "globe" feeder to narrow the gaps small enough for only small birds to get inside where the food is. Starlings could not get in. Yippee!. But......as they watched on, one starling went round all the holes in the globe to find the weakness. Once found, it squeezed inside the globe, accessed the food and dropped the seeds onto the grass so that all other starlings can get the food. It never gave up, it was systematic, and finally succeeded. From that point onward, the starlings were respected by the family. You have to applaud the starlings for their persistence and intelligence. Here are my photos of the starlings. I hope you like them. Photos by Flynn Thaitanunde-Lobb