Another visit to Bempton Cliffs

• In reply to i love robins:

i love robins said:
    Thanks Mike hope you had a good holiday you have been missed

You're welcome, and both Mrs PR and myself had a fabulous time.

Fear not, I'll be making up for the lack of postings....  

Mike

Flickr Peak Rambler

• In reply to Mike B:

I shall look forward to them Mike

i love robins said:
    I shall look forward to them Mike

They're now all up, and I can see you've commented on some, which I'll be catching up with shortly.

Mike

Flickr Peak Rambler

• The photos that ILR has posted are a great encouragement for anyone to visit this wonderful site. When we visited on Wednesday it was very busy due no doubt to the fact the Albatross was still around, we missed it by sn hour or so but the reserve is big enough for people to spread out. We were surprised at how many Corn Bunting were around, they are scarce here at home. The numbers of Gannets increase year on year and it is worth visiting for that sight alone

Pete

Birding is for everyone no matter how good or bad we are at it,enjoy it while you can

• Thank you Pete its funny we never saw any corn bunting when we were there but i hope to be going again soon and I will be sure to look out for them

ILR, try the wire fence near the old radio station or in what we call the bomb crater, the wooded crater in the middle of the field. We were maybe a bit sad to miss the Albatross but for us the mixture of birds nesting on the cliffs is the main reason for visiting. The sight of all the Gannets is worth the trip their numbers seem to increase every time we visite, a real success story

Pete

Birding is for everyone no matter how good or bad we are at it,enjoy it while you can

• Thanks Pete i will try the wire fence near the old radio station or in what you call the bomb crater, thank you, We missed the Albatross too on our visit, we were told it had been seen earlier but
    maybe next time we visit we might be lucky.