Camera bag issues

I know this isn't strictly wildlife related but I don't fancy joining a photography forum just to ask one question. Though I've added a photo of a willow tit that I took a few months ago just so this post isn't so boring :) .

So we bought my dad an expensive Rab coat last year that he seems to like, but he won't wear it because when he wears his camera bag (it's like a large rucksack with thick straps), the straps constantly slide off the slippy coat material. Is there anything he can do/use to stop it happening so that he will wear his (damn expensive) coat? He wears his camera bag most times he goes out for a walk which is a lot of time to be not wearing it! 

Thanks.

• Arthur N said:

Thought I'd post an update. Checked his bag, it does have a chest strap/buckle. I tested it out wearing his coat and lo and behold, it didn't slip in the slightest. Apparently he just hadn't looked for it. At least the problem's solved, though I've got to think of some other Christmas presents now.

Brilliant news, glad you've managed to get it sorted.

A new bag could be expensive, so its saved you a good few pennies.

Just remember, when setting the bag up, start with the waist belt first, that carries the weight, then shoulder straps before tackling the very top shoulder straps if fitted.

The chest strap is just to hold the shoulder straps comfortably rather than tightly.

Dare I suggest pressies!

Best not....