Goldcrest putting on a show

Over the last couple of years, since I bought my current camera, I've trying unsuccessfully to get good pictures of Goldcrests. I was struggling to get them with the crest showing when I could get them in the frame at all being very lively and constantly on the move. I see them quite regularly but they are very elusive from a photography point of view, however on Saturday one decided to put on a show and give me chance, it roved up and down a few metres of hedge row for about 10 or 15 minutes before moving off and I finally got the clear head shots I've been waiting for.

I have had more clear views of Goldcrests recently than I'm used to, or perhaps I'm just getting better at spotting them, certainly trying to photograph them is good practice in using your camera with moving targets.

Trevor

• They have to be one of the cutest little birds with their upside down smile and large round eyes ! great set Trevor.

Regards, Hazel 

"Each kindness shown to birds or men is sure to flutter back again" 

• In reply to HAZY:

HAZY said:
    upside down smile

I'll have to try that line when Mrs PB calls me a grumpy ***!!

Fabulous shots again TJS, well captured. It's odd though, that your pics look slightly out of focus within the thread, but sharp as a tack when you click into them! Thanks for sharing these fidgety little so-and so's lol

• A little beauty, agree with PB about the photos, real detail when in zoom.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

• A lovely find and photos. Like PB, I'm not sure why your photos look blurred (before clicking on them) as that isn't normally the case in other peoples threads.

Nige   Flickr

• Excellent photos Trevor, I have not been lucky to see any yet but well done to you.
  • Great photos of most birders small bird. I love the "Mr Grumpy" look described as an upside down smile,must log that for future reference

Pete

Birding is for everyone no matter how good or bad we are at it,enjoy it while you can