• Good news about your jab; which vaccine did you have, ILR?
  • Hello Ann I had the AstraZeneca, have you had yours yet ?
  • Yep, I had the AZ, too, and Mr GB had the Pfizer. Did you have any side effects?
  • I did Ann, really bad headache that lasted a day and a half and feeling really tired but it’s a small price to pay if it keeps us alive and we get back to normal again. What about yourself and Mr GB
  • Sorry to hear you had a bad headache. The very nice woman who gave me the jab read out a very long list of possible side effects, but only a small percentage of people ever have any, and of those, most have very minor reactions and only one or a few of the possible side effects. I had a couple. The first day I felt very chilled and weirdly ill intermittently in the late afternoon and evening, so went to bed early and curled up in the duvet as the only way to get warm. Felt better the next morning although similar feelings returned later in Day 2 but they were greatly reduced compared to Day 1. Day 3 was even better and I felt completely normal on Day 4 and since. Mr GB only felt fairly sleepy on the afternoon of his Day 1, and has felt totally fine ever since. Like you, I would be happy to experience the same again, if necessary, several times a year for the foreseeable future as an excellent alternative to the possibility of reacting badly to the virus, needing hospitalisation and dying!
  • Reading your experience Ann reminded me of feeling shivery on the day after the jab which was on the Tuesday evening and I too went to bed at 9pm which is unheard of for me and the headache lasted on day three Wednesday until late afternoon. On the morning of Thursday I was my normal self again. I am really glad that you and Mr GB are Ok now, my next jab is on the 7th May, another step forward to getting our lives back and we can count ourselves as the lucky ones.
  • i love robins said:

Hi Mike I did try that for a while and recently, I have also watched a Utube tutorial of trying Aperture priority with auto ISO, I will try that as well. The weather has been grey and white sky’s of late so a bit more practicing is in order for birds in flight. I had my first vaccine jab last Monday and I have been going to quiet locations locally and after my second jab in May it may give us more options of venues where more birds are on lakes and nature reserves.

Great news on the vaccine.

In these dull darker days, the ISO will be higher to accommodate the lower light levels. March, (which is almost around the corner) often brings with it brighter sunnier days, so using higher shutter speeds will become less of a challenge.

One thing I've found with aperture priority, it doesn't always give that crisp clarity on landscapes, so I usually take on using the P setting and the second with a deeper depth of field. That way, if one falls short, hopefully [that's a key desire 'hope'] the other will yield the results desired.

Something I tend to do with my sunrise and sunset photos, is set the ISO to 100 and the camera to Program mode, which enables silhouetting of the buildings and allowing the sky and sun to set the scene.

Panning is another art to photographing action, predicting where the subject will go. Panning is great on the race track the competitors have a set route to follow, but in nature, it often is a guessing game.

• Hi Mike Yes there are a number of options that can be tried and finding out what works and what doesn’t is part of the learning process, I have had the manual out of late as well to refresh the memory which doesn’t do any harm.
    All good fun Mike.
  • i love robins said:
    Hi Mike Yes there are a number of options that can be tried and finding out what works and what doesn’t is part of the learning process, I have had the manual out of late as well to refresh the memory which doesn’t do any harm.
    All good fun Mike.

Absolutely.

The important thing is to enjoy the hobby.

I regularly get the destruction book(s) out just to refresh the memory.

• We are on the same page there Mike, love birds, love photography,