Redwing

Magpie

Dunnock

Heron

Blue Tit

Goldfinch

A Bird Paradise

The River

• Lovely ILR, a very nice canal walk, like the last two photos, very autumnal and pretty.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

• Thank you Catlady it was a lovely day, the canal runs along side the river so managed photos from both the river and the canal. And the afternoon was lovely the sun came out, which made a change from all the rain we have had.
  • Another successful day ILR...looks like a nice place to walk with plenty birds around.
    Well done you

(Pardon the Scottish Accent)

• Thanks Linda it’s a while since I did this walk but I was well happy with the results, The rivers are usually quiet and you only see the odd person and I always try and keep well out of the way of everybody. The Parks and Reserves remain busy so I find new and existing walks that I know are quiet, I have a new walk lined up and another river walk that I went to in the summer. The most important thing at the moment is staying safe.
  • Plenty to see there. Good to get the Goosanders and lovely photos, especially the Dunnock.

Nige   Flickr

• Thanks Nigel Yes never seen a goosander before or the Redwings until the last couple of weeks ago. and its being in the right place at the right time and being Lucky. And it is the right time of year for them to be fair. The Dunnock came to me and sat in a bush right next to where I was standing and it just started serenading me whilst posing for the photos.
    Now why cant all birds do that Lol,
    It was an exceptional day and the sun came out in the afternoon what more could I have asked for, Oh I know a vaccine.