Displaying goldcrest

A very snatched photo I'm afraid but I've never seen a goldcrest displaying like this and at first didn't know what it was as it was a really bright orange red.  It fled before I could get a better photo, chased by the last one which I assume is a female.

• Very well done on your captures Mike as they never usually hang about long enough to even get one snap!

(Pardon the Scottish Accent)

• Hello Mike, welcome to the forum form up in Caithness at the very top of Scotland. A great opportunity for you to get the lovely wee Goldcrest, they are so quick at the best of times, so to get some pictures was very lucky. Enjoy here, we are a fine bunch, a bit mad a times! Always some help at hand if you need any help.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

• The tiny Goldcrests are always a delight to see, nice photos Mike, you did well, as Linda andCatlady say, they are very fidgety birds to try and get a photo of as they constantly flit from twig to twig.

Regards, Hazel 

• Lucky you Mike, and well done with the photos, it is a bird that eludes me but I live in hope of seeing one and better still having the chance to photograph one.