Bittern

Just getting into wildlife photography and didn’t really know what I’d captured until a friend pointed out how lucky I was to see one let alone photograph one.

enjoy

Phill Brown 

• Phill Brown said:
    Just getting into wildlife photography and didn’t really know what I’d captured until a friend pointed out how lucky I was to see one let alone photograph one.

Nothing like rubbing it in there Phill with stunning photos.

Only ever got distant shots of them at Leighton Moss despite trying for years at Old Moor.

My Flickr photos

• Welcome to the community from Sheffield.

My Flickr photos

• Hi Phil and welcome to the community forum. What a fantastic bird to spot so very well done; they are beautiful photo captures, looks like you made the right decisiion to get into wildlife photography - doesn't get much better than this bird !

Regards, Hazel 

My Flickr. photo  link HERE 

• Cracking photos Phil and welcome, you've set the bar high now. Out of interest where did you take the photos?

KR
    Tony

https://www.flickr.com/photos/wherryman/

• Crikey Phil, if you are only just getting into wildlife photography there's no hope for the rest of us. LOL
    Seriously though, congratulations, they are excellent shots.

Regards,Tony

My Flickr Photostream 

• In reply to tony:

Thank Tony, I was at Far ings nature reserve at Barton-upon-Humber just a few miles from where I live
  • Phil don't know that reserve, too far for a day trip from Suffolk. Maybe call in on a trip north sometime.

KR
    Tony

https://www.flickr.com/photos/wherryman/

• In reply to HAZY:

Thank you Hazel
    Just followed your Flickr link, you have some cracking photos on there. I know they well photographed but I want to tick the kingfisher off my list next.

Regards Phill
  • Lovely views you had and great photos.
    You do seem to be bucking the trend - I reckon most do Kingfishers before Bitterns!

Nige   Flickr

• Hi Phill, as Nigel says, I think it's easier to get a Kingfisher than a Bittern !! good luck and keep us updated with more lovely pics.

Regards, Hazel 

My Flickr. photo  link HERE