Live View Focusing

• In reply to Paul A:

A valid point, Bob. I could have used the 400 f/5.6 but I used the 200mm so I could enable the subject to be a decent distance away (relatively speaking) down the garden. The 400mm would have pulled the subject in too close. I wanted to illustrate the magnification function on the live view which was much easier to do with a subject that was very small in the original frame.

Paul, it was a very interesting post and a reminder of the potential for  Live View on the focus side of things and I will try and remember to give it a whirl next time in a poor light situation. I was probably being too picky but just felt that the exposure side is just as achievable using exactly the same stabilising techniques. 

----------

Cheers,

Bob

My Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/bobs_retired_now/

• In reply to HAZY:

Hazel, i would go for the 600mm mkII if i were you, and i would take that 300mm of your hands :) 

Jim

My Pictures

• In reply to James:

Hazel, i would go for the 600mm mkII if i were you, and i would take that 300mm of your hands :) 

Before anyone parts with their cash, a reminder the new one just announced is the Mk3  - the Mk2's lighter than the original, but the Mk3's lighter again.  Though you're still going to need a hefty tripod & gimbal head for regular use, so not sure how much benefit that weight saving is really!

___

Find me on Flickr / All about your camera - The Getting off Auto Index

• In reply to Whistling Joe:

Ooops,  sorry,  I meant the latest Mk iii version,  but the piggy bank will have start bulging before I can splurge out - don't seriously think I could pay that much for a lens unless I win the Premium Bonds and so far that amounts to £150 this month  lol  

@ Jim,  I won't be parting with the 300mm any time soon  LOL      HERE ya go Jim

Regards, Hazel 

"Each kindness shown to birds or men is sure to flutter back again"