Weather this weekend

Hi-

the wind looks set to go into the Easterly quarter on friday or saturday so I would expect summer visitors to pile in this weekend.

S

For advice about Birding, Identification,field guides,  binoculars, scopes, tripods,  etc - put 'Birding Tips'   into the search box

• Thanks for letting us know as I didn't know that was the forecast for the weekend so will make sure that the camera is at the ready!

I have to say that my feeders have been a bit quiet for the last couple of weeks so a influx of new birds would be very welcome indeed!

• seymouraves said:
    summer visitors

And, for dimwitted amateurs like me, that means...?  Swifts and swallows?

Anything we should look out for on our garden feeders?  (If we have stupid jobs that mean we have to work at the weekend and can't spend happy hours in the countryside or at reserves... not that I'm bitter...)

BB

•  

Hi-

the weather forecast was mist or fog and some easterlies so I dropped in to Snettisham country park early this morning for 2 hours.

Yellow wagtails, Tree Pipits, flying over, Common Tern, Wheatears, ( missed a redstart) grasshopper warblers, whitethroat, swallow,sedge and reed warblers,  willow warbler, chiffchaff, stonechat, whinchat , Ring Ouzel and Peregrine.

and a few other odd bits and bobs.

:)

S

For advice about Birding, Identification,field guides,  binoculars, scopes, tripods,  etc - put 'Birding Tips'   into the search box

• And it's also going to be very sunny, so make sure you've got plenty of your favourite sunblock, or stay covered ...

I'll be under the parasol at home, watching what turns up on our lawn with my 12 x 50s

Have a good 'un!

:-)

Andy

Seriously thinking about trying harder!

• Badgerbread said:

And, for dimwitted amateurs like me, that means...?  Swifts and swallows?

BB

Hi BB,

Swallows are already coming in & probably continuing.

Swifts are due very early May - perhaps end of April

Andy

• seymouraves said:

Hi-

the wind looks set to go into the Easterly quarter on friday or saturday so I would expect summer visitors to pile in this weekend.

S

Yes mate, I is looking forward to this weekend more than most. Got 4 days off and intend to do something pretty much on each day to go birding. Minsmere, Lakenhealth Fen, Snape and other reserves on the menu. And if the weather forcasters have got it right (which, lets be honest, would be nice not only cos its a easter weekend but because it hardly ever sunny on a bank holiday weekend) gold star award to them for once. LOL.

Regards

Chappers (and the Wife.)

'Educate' me, on the wonders of nature.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/chappers360/

• Did my birding this week .. cider festival this weekend .. the only things I will see flying is Pink Elephants a la Dumbo! ;o)

Ant

"IT IS SAID THAT LIFE FLASHES BEFORE YOUR EYES BEFORE YOU DIE. THAT IS TRUE, IT'S CALLED LIVING."
    Death - Terry Pratchett (The Last Continent).

• Unknown said:

Did my birding this week .. cider festival this weekend .. the only things I will see flying is Pink Elephants a la Dumbo! ;o)

Ant

If I can stand up and see well enough to pour 'em, I'll be on my famous pink elephant gin ...

Itssh laaarvely!

Andy

•  

WEATHER OVER EASTER

Looks good for direction but may be quite gusty so small birds may stay down. I wouldnt be surprised at a few swifts making it in. Maybe Little Gulls, Common sandpiper, Black Tern etc.

S

• Just talking about Swallows today as we gazed up at a bright blue sky whilst sunning and drinking ice cold white he he :0)

Really looking forward to their return in particular and all of this wonderful weather here in the North East of England is just marvelous.I love it :0)

An optimist sees the beauty of the complete rose.A pessimist sees only the thorn .