ID help please

I have been trying to ID this bird seen on Friday during a trip to South Wales. I thought I knew what it was but now too confused and embarrased even to guess:

• Hi-  pinioned Ne Ne 's  ( hawaian geese)  were used to bring the spp back from near extinction by the WWT with a famous breeding operation at Slimbridge

Great looking birds too

S

For advice about Birding, Identification,field guides,  binoculars, scopes, tripods,  etc - put 'Birding Tips'   into the search box

• The WWT are NOT a conservation organisation. They are a Zoo and have rights from the government as a Zoo. There is no excuse to pinion birds. I urge everyone who believes the hype from Nigel to read 'For an End to Pinioning: The Case Against the Legal Mutilation of Birds in Captivity' Author(s): Elizabeth TysonSource: Journal of Animal Ethics , Vol. 4, No. 1 (Spring 2014), pp. 1-4

86% of all pinioned birds held by the WWT are not under threat in their native habits. The birds are pinioned so they won't fly away saving millions by the WWT in having to create an enclosure. Because these birds may interact with native species (which would be illegal) the WWT have government permission to shoot thousands of native wild birds each year.

Members of the RSPB should be horrified by this practice. As Elizabeth Tyson says, one doesn't cut off the feet of lions so they won't run away from a Zoo. This barbaric practice needs to stop .And people like Nigel need to be educated so they stop peddling the nonsense that torturing birds can ever be justified in the name of conservation. Please avoid the WWT and complete this survey is you are able: www.surveymonkey.com/.../DSL79MX