Can anyone identify this bird please ? Seen on grassy ex pastureland field, surrounded by rhynes

• I don't know what the bird is but I do know it's unlawful to interfere with a live nest.

(Pardon the Scottish Accent)

• on the ground, close to water? my id would be Moorhen - fingers firmly crossed that the parents come back.

Cin J

• “Kevin Jitspur still didn’t interfere with that nest”

Nobody said he did. You jumped to a conclusion which was incorrect. Linda said it is unlawful to interfere with an active nest. That’s a fact right there in the real world, despite your pedantic interpretation of the word interfere.
  • “Linda using the word interfere in the wrong way is basically her trying to use talk of morality to impress others with her moral qualities to gain social status.”

Absolute rubbish. She stated a fact about the law. No indication of her morals were mentioned or suggested. But don’t let that get in the way of your judgemental opinion will you?

“Grandstanders treat public discourse as a vanity project. They care more about looking good on social media than actually doing good.”

The above is EXACTLY what you have done in this thread. Your pseudo-intellectual posturing claptrap is easily recognised as your ego-flexing trying to impress others to gain social status. On a bird forum of all places. It’s very sad. We’ve had trolls like you on here before, they stand out a mile.

• “. This is exactly how people on social media get their words twisted by other people into something else.”

Yet twisting other people’s words into something else is exactly what you have done throughout this thread from your first post .
  • Hi everyone , thank you all for your responses and i can assure everyone that the best was left as I found it.
    Now I’m off to the pub lol lol.
  • I will repeat myself once more on this thread

I stated a fact of law that's all..no moral highground or to gain social status or witever nonsense you like to keep repeating. If the original poster had a problem with my statement then he could have said something but he didn't...it wasn't just a statement for him but also for others reading it who are unaware of the law and don't have common sense (oh yes there are plenty you can find in the search bar from over many many years)

Now please let's all move on and get back to doing what we do best...friendly birding and sharing our experiences

(Pardon the Scottish Accent)