Pigeon egg

I’ve got a pigeon nest in my tree and the only way I can describe the mother in this nest is awful!! Last year she tossed her baby out that had hatched and it died!! This year she has tossed both her eggs out! One cracked and the other didn’t so I immediately picked it up put it in a container with a t-towel to keep it warm and I’ve placed it in a dark room. I have done candling and it does have veins in the egg and it does seem to be getting bigger inside. Although!!… I have read so much online about these eggs can apparently explode and I’m bloody scared of this happening! The shell has red patches on? Does anyone have knowledge on this please as I don’t have the heart to leave it .. Thank you so much in advance 

• I do know that you shouldn't attempt to hatch this egg ... apart from the fact that baby pigeons need special milk from their parent in order to survive that you couldn't replicate, it is against the Wildlife Act laws to take an egg from the wild!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• Would you suggest to put it back in the garden and leave it? From what I’ve read the mothers milk isn’t as important but again I haven’t a clue but would like to at least give this little baby a chance at life! It’s better than nothing. Again i haven’t ‘taken’ the egg it was tossed out the nest and the mother is no where to be seen again! she does this every year and unfortunately is a terrible mother to her babies! If it’s against some law I’m more than happy to provide you my details for you to report me but surly what I’m doing is better than nothing 

• Sorry Tanya but what you are doing is not better than nothing, upsetting as it is to witness such actions the egg is best left where it falls, that way it can be recycled in a natural way by providing food for another creature or going back into the soil ... I realise that you didn't take the egg deliberately but you have interfered with it by trying to incubate it and it is now illegal to even possess wild bird eggs ... of course I wouldn't report you, this is nothing personal,  just want you to  understand  the laws protecting birds and their nests and eggs ... you did ask for knowledge and stated that you didn't have a clue!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr