interaction with great tit sleeping nest?

i had a nest box which was open fronted and i put in a bird camera and two my amazement i got great tit our so i think this great tits markings were quite hard to see this bird we hunk was a male was ever night for the next two nights coming at dusk and staying till dawn and sleeping so on Thursday we put a 28mm hole  on the nest box beds we thought that was the nest box specifications beds we wanted him two find a female and nest and he has not returned that night i am stuck i am  wondering if i should take the lid of can any help thanks Finn

• Although great tits can have two broods in a season, now is too late. As you said, it was roosting. I wouldn't be looking for a mate now.

When nest boxes are in use, esp between about March-June in particular, no one should be touching it.

For next year, the addition of the entrance panel and 28mm hole will have increased your chances of nesting. Once a bird box is up though, it needs to be left alone, and only handled each Winter for cleaning out.
  • thanks for you’re help do you know if it will return .
  • In reply to Finn:

our should i take the lid off
  • In reply to Finn:

Nest boxes need to be left alone this time of year. I don't understand why taking the lid off is an option. Wouldn't it just make it very wet inside every time it rained?