• It only just came out on Wednesday I think it’s very interesting since it’s about recording Species and about Biodiversity, 

there’s more infomation in the link if your interested in the Wildlife news that came out 

• I think they probably released it ready for Earth day.
  •  I think its worth asking to make sure 

• I've been of that mind for many years Robbo and had many an argument over it

Pete

Birding is for everyone no matter how good or bad we are at it,enjoy it while you can

• Do you think the less common species like Marsh and Willow Tit go abit under recorded since most people are more familer with Blue Tit Great Tit or Coal Tit? Of course the fact there less common is why people are less likely to see them and might not be as aware of them cause of that, most of the more common species like Blue Tit are more likely to be seen and so are probably likely to be recorded more often. So they get more records of Blue Tits Great Tits or Coal Tits than they do of Marsh and Willow Tits. Also if most people are less aware that there’s also willow tit and Marsh tit there more likely to pass by an observer without them even noticing not only that cause there there less aware of them there less likely to help them. And for that reason encourage more Species like the Blue Tit that compete with the declineing species like the Marsh Tit and Willow Tit for example

• Money is a big factor.

Land sells for good money to investors who then build on it, and the demand for housing overrides the need to preserve open countryside.

The horrendous rate at which the countryside is giving way to construction is scary. HS2 has a lot to answer for that, the housing and business developments are accelerating out of control, and more will follow.

I recently visited Penrhos Country Park near Holyhead on the isle  of Anglesey, and a large chunk of land there is for a proposed holiday resort development, with no consideration to the wildlife or benefits of open countryside.

There are a great many more developments around the UK that will take yet more countryside....

•   I doubt HS2 helps I think it makes it worse for declineing species 

• Zo Clark said:

I doubt HS2 helps I think it makes it worse for declineing species 

Its one of many contributary factors.

My son bought his first house a little over two years back, a new build, with a postage stamp garden (our patio is bigger than his garden) and part of the contract for the house was a mandatory no trees, no bushes, no shrubs!

Upon asking the question why, apparently according the the builders, is is because the roots from trees and large bushes over time risk damaging the foundations!

That will explain why there are NO trees whatsoever on his estate!

That is not environmentally friendly.....

•   It is unfortunately.  it affects all sorts of species that are in decline 

I found a good example of the impact those kind of things have on declineing species  It can affect long term declines 

Butterflys  arnt usually overlooked cause a lot of people like them but I thought Id still use  the screenshot and  link as an example of how it can affect species  in decline

https://www.bto.org/community/news/202203-human-activity-can-help-well-hinder-uk-butterflies

Also even  one small  change to a habitat can affect a declineing species and it can be something

As small as what happened  with the Large.Blue and the red ants. if I use the Large Blue and red ants as an  example 

https://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/minchinhampton-and-rodborough-commons/features/reintroducing-the-large-blue

• As you rightly say, one small change can affect a declining species.