Blue tit nest

Hi, we’ve got a nesting box on our shed and we had noticed that some blue tits had started nesting. A couple of weeks ago chicks hatched and there were quite a few in there and the parents had been back and forth all day every day. Today we hadn’t seen them at all so decided to take a look and there are 3 dead chicks and the parents haven’t been back for hours. Do we just leave the nest as it is or do we clear it all out. Thanks 

• First of all, best not to check nestboxes til Autumn. Doing so at this time of year risks disturbance and potentially desertion. Advice is to do nothing with nestboxes until Autumn when the breeding season is definitely over (not withstanding pigeon and dove year round breeding).
    I think what you're saying is there were 3 dead chicks and no live ones? Obviously, if there are live ones, clearly its even more important not to disturb the box again. If there are no live ones, the advice is the same. i.e. leave the box til Autumn before cleaning out.
  • Hi thank you for your response. I’ve never had bird boxes in the garden before so know very little about it. There were no live chicks in there at all. So will take the advice and leave well alone until the autumn. Thanks again
  • Not sure if a "couple of weeks" was rounded down. Hopefully, as there were only 3 dead chicks, there's a chance some fledged.
  • Yes was rounded down probably as this is when I first started to notice them. Hopefully some of them managed to fledge as really enjoyed seeing the parents come and go and listening to the chicks.