Robins nest in shed

Hi I'm new to this so not sure if this is where I'm meant to post . I have just been in my shed and discovered a nest with six eggs ... I have 2 Robins in my garden amongst other birds and suspect it to be the Robins . Does the fact the eggs are alone mean the nest has been abandoned ? I feel quite upset to think I may have caused this by disturbing them but had no idea there was a nest in there.
  • Hi Fifi and welcome from me up in the far north of Scotland in Caithness. Lovely to hear about your robins. Yes I agree with you and leave well alone until they fledge. Sod the garden, there will be plenty of time for that. The wine sounds like a good idea to me. Hope you enjoy being on here. Ask anything, there will always be some to help out. Enjoy.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

• Hi Catlady ... Thankyou ... I'm hopeful I've not put a spanner in the works ... Have seen them both today again on the feeder so still in close proximity if that means anything . Going off Piste a bit Here but I still have a beautiful Caithness glass Bowel engraved with our names and the date of our Marriage which is 3O years this year . A wedding present from a cousin  in Inverness :-) I'm a Londoner my my Mother is from Inverness :-) x

• Fifi, I do hope that you mean Caithness glass BOWL, the other would be very painful!! Small world, we also will celebrate our 30th this year. CG was the in thing then for gifts. Sadly the factory and shop is closed now. Sorry all went off subject a little then, but at the same time how nice it is to meet new folk on here where we have some sort of connection.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

• Loved the footage ... Have seen the Robins going in and out of the shed so all is good ... Am tempted to try and block the door from Cats though as the Robins are going in through the window ... Will the babies make noise as have both Cats and foxes that visit the garden .

• Really strange ... First saw the nest on the 5th of May with six eggs .Only saw first little one a few days ago had a peep today and 3 little ones now so 3 more to go ... She's taking her time but we're getting there slowly but surly :-)