Kestrels in the Quarry 2013...

The pair showed up on 13th March & were checking out the nest - here's hoping..............

Have posted all I've taken today, unedited, as I'm so excited!!!  They both flew off & now Mr Kestrel has returned to nest & sitting, waiting like a spider in the middle of a web!  Just going to video him

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• Cracking video, Wendy. He's obviously finding plenty to eat. I loved the way he swallowed the rodent(?) whole and then delicately draped the intestines over the edge. Yuk.

Tony

My Flickr Photostream 

• Been waiting for the best part of three weeks in the hope that he will visit ... & he only stays for two minutes - no time even to find focus!!!

This is the shortest vid I have ever uploaded to youtube ... am surprised they accepted it ... Do Not Blink!!

One way to get a flight shot LOL !

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• Short but sweet, Wendy. Lovely to see he is still safe and well. Thank you.

• WendyBartter said:

Thought Mr K had deserted me, but managed to catch him on briefest of visits today in windy conditions in a difficult position too!!

My first glimpse through leaded light window..

Zooming in gradually but difficult to get clear shot as he was swaying madly...

Looked round briefly...

But mostly 'bum' shots (in more ways than one!) ...

And the inevitable vid lol - very short & very rocky but does illustrate the whooshy conditions!  (Had to laugh at youtube message when I'd uploaded....'We have detected your vid may be shaky, would you like us to rectify this?')   Are you wearing your wristbands?

(Please visit the site to view this video)

Didn't come back with a gory breakfast to entertain us with!!

This is the 20 ft+ Conifer which was blown over in the storm the other night!!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• WendyBartter said:

Thought Mr K had deserted me, but managed to catch him on briefest of visits today in windy conditions in a difficult position too!!

My first glimpse through leaded light window..

Zooming in gradually but difficult to get clear shot as he was swaying madly...

Looked round briefly...

But mostly 'bum' shots (in more ways than one!) ...

And the inevitable vid lol - very short & very rocky but does illustrate the whooshy conditions!  (Had to laugh at youtube message when I'd uploaded....'We have detected your vid may be shaky, would you like us to rectify this?')   Are you wearing your wristbands?

(Please visit the site to view this video)

Didn't come back with a gory breakfast to entertain us with!!

This is the 20 ft+ Conifer which was blown over in the storm the other night!!

[/quote]

Just off out today when I spotted Mr K in another tree to the left of the one which has vanished in a puff of wind!!  Very bright sunlight made taking good pics near impossible but got some anyway as so pleased to see him...

Short vid of pretty bad quality, but I just love him!!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• Somehow I have managed to double post pics & info about the lost Conifer & can't manage to delete it ... Sorry about that folks!!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• All worth seeing twice though. I can't imagine anyone minds.

Unicum arbustum haud alit duos erithacos

(One bush does not shelter two Robins)

Zenodotus (3rd Century B.C.)

• Love seeing pics of Mr. K,  he is looking so dapper and in sunshine too :)    can't see the video yet as this hotel computer refuses to play video !    Hope you've had a great time Wendy and thanks for the Mr. K updates, love 'em

Regards, Hazel 

• Thanks all for your encouraging comments ... do hope for a successful nest/fledge next year, don't want a repeat of this year's emergency rescue, too much angst!!

See from other threads that you are still enjoying living the high life aitch ... all that Bubbly & here's me with my tea & biscuits in bed with Walter ... trying for a bit of sleep ahead of the next battering from gales & rain!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• This has been such an amazing thread Wendy and you've even gone to the trouble to update on Boxing Day - that's what I call dedication.   Thanks for all the effort you've put in over the year and all the best for 2014