Kingfisher

Sorry this post is three days late but had trouble again with my account being false flagged for spam;     apparently, if you edit a post two or three times in quick succession the software is set to pick it up as potential spam so be aware that any editing you do, space it out by a minute or two to prevent any problems.      I managed to alert the technical team and they were able to reinstate my account quickly.        

Anyway,  here's a few photos of a 1cy Kingfisher from our local residential parkland.      There was also an adult male kingfisher there just over a week ago so good to get chance to spot these fabulous birds on the local ponds.

Regards, Hazel 

• Beautiful.

I'm not sure if it's me, or otherwise, but kingfishers around here have been very prominent and for those who manage to, very photographic.

• I suffered from Spam attack for several days Hazel, pain in the ...... anyway, lovely set of shots

• Good to see you back aitch with these wonderfully clear and colourful captures of the young Kingfisher!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• Thanks,   at least we know now not to edit a post in quick succession as it will trigger the spam alert and suspend your account !    At least I have a contact which I can alert should this happen again.   It's a pity the software isn't clever enough to detect long standing regular community members who are unlikely to hack the site !!   Good to be back and sorry if I've missed a lot of posts.

Regards, Hazel 

• Beautiful photos, beautiful birds, thank you Hazel for sharing them with us all. Kingfishers are right up there with my favourite birds to see and to photograph. I remember a time when I was walking alongside the River Ure when I was looking through my binoculars hoping to spot something to photograph when I saw a kingfisher perched on a tree with the sun illuminating its beautiful colours I took aim and got focus and about to press the shutter and it flew off, disappointed you bet I was, It would have made a fabulous photo but I will never forget that bird and all its beauty I can see it now. Maybe lucky to get another chance ?.