A day trip to Cromer

Some of you will recall the weeks holiday in Cromer back in June  Norfolk holiday Pt 1, Day 1; Friday, arrival day  which was on the back of a day trip August last year. Well, after some interesting and busy days, both Mrs PR and myself felt another day trip was required, the weather looked good, and for once, we both had a clear diary, which for me, is a bit of a rare event these days....

for comparison, 7th June 2024

The offshore aggregate supply ship....

The team moving the large sized granite aggregates during low tide....

and the landing craft bringing the large granite aggregates ashore, at high tide

I'll spare the boring bits, and just post the piccies, particularly as the coastal defence project from Cromer heading east towards Mundesley was well under way. Needless to say, the local wildlife was making good use of the large granite aggregates being off loaded....

For the best bit, you may recall the Cromer Peregrines?  Norfolk Holiday Report Pt#6; Thursday and Cromer Peregrines 

Well, they were being a bit on the quiet side, but I did get a half decent piccie....

And a white waggie, poss one of this years youngsters, trying to eat what looked like a crisp or something like that....

Now I'm even worse with gull id's than I am with bee id's, but my guess is yellow legged gull?

Apparently there are a lot on the beach, along with caspian gull, but don't take my word for it, I was just a visitor enjoying the day....

and a herring gull

And I couldn't resist this, even though someone (not me, I know nowt when it comes to gulls) claimed they were caspian gulls, 

Any gull ID confirmations gratefully received