Baby Jackdaw

Hi All 

Please, please can any one give me any advise or direction. We have a trapped baby Jackdaw that has fallen completely down the cavity wall space to the foundation level of our house, possibly from the roof where the parents have probably built their nest under the tiles.

It is a 1960’s built house which means double solid walls. I have thought about contacting a builder to remove some bricks, if I can get hold of one, as its the weekend bank-holiday, plus we are going away ourselves tomorrow. 
It’s disheartening listening to the poor thing Karr-r-r karr-r-ring. 

Kind regards to all 

Jill Phillips

• That is so sad Jill and must be very stressful for you to hear it crying and maybe the parent bird too with not being able to find if ... unfortunately there is nothing useful I personally can suggest, maybe others on here can help but, being a bank holiday I don't know how many members will be around!  Obviously removing bricks would provide an escape hole but it's a big undertaking especially given that you'll be going away tomorrow!  Hard hearts and ear plugs maybe??Disappointed relieved I don't envy you

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• Hi there Wendy 

Thank you so much for your reply, yes it has been distressing hearing the poor thing crying. Since I put my plea post up earlier it has gone quiet now from early this afternoon onwards. I only hope it has been able to escape? It would make me feel better going away with a guilt free heart…

kind regards 

Jill

• Please don't let it spoil your break/holiday, it was too big an ask!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr